The IGS UK Chapter is launching the Student contest 2020 to nominate one student paper to participate in this programme. The nominee will submit a full paper and will present it in a regional IGS UK conference and in the European conference EuroGeo7. The nominee will receive a £800 conference attendance scholarship to cover travel expenses and complimentary conference registration.
The EuroGeo7 conference will be held on 6-9 September 2020 in Warsaw, Poland. The EuroGeo7 conference will have a dedicated session in which the student winners’ papers will be presented. In addition, a comprehensive student programme will be organized during EuroGeo7 to maximize the exposure of the students to Geosynthetics and the IGS. This includes a recognition ceremony during the conference as well as their participation in corporate receptions, social functions and activities specific to the conference.
General guidelines and dates:
• Candidates: Students who have been an undergraduate, M.Sc. or Ph.D. student during the period 2016 -2019, and who are
• Members of the IGS UK Chapter (The annual fee for membership is £30 for Individual Members and Free for students). Please join or renew your IGS-UK membership – online application forms: https://www.igs-uk.org/join/
• Submission of a maximum 3-pages technical paper for the IGS UK Chapter Student Contest 2020 by 7th February 2020 following the guidelines of the contest.
• Submission of a maximum 300-words explaining how they feel their attendance at the EuroGeo7 conference will benefit their personal development and the geosynthetics industry.
• The nominee will submit the final paper for EuroGeo7 by 1st March 2020 following the guidelines of EuroGeo7 https://eurogeo7.org/.
Guidelines for Technical Paper for IGS UK Student Contest 2020:
• Maximum 3-pages technical paper. Text must be in Times New Roman font, 12 point size, single space and justified.
• Follow the paper preparation guidelines provided in the paper template. Download Template here,
• High-resolution pdf files ensuring legibility of the tables and figures.
• Please ensure that all fonts are embedded in the pdf file – this is very important to ensure legibility of the paper.
• The deadline for submission of the submission is by 7th February 2020.
• Please send the technical paper to firstname.lastname@example.org.