The success of the IGS Student Award programme will continue, now with its 8th IGS Student Award Programme period 2018 to 2021.
The IGS UK Chapter is launching the Student contest 2020 to nominate one student paper to participate in this programme. The nominee will submit a full paper and will present it in a regional IGS UK conference and in the European conference EuroGeo7. The nominee will receive a £800 conference attendance scholarship to cover travel expenses and complimentary conference registration.
The EuroGeo7 conference will be held on 6-9 September 2020 in Warsaw, Poland. The EuroGeo7 conference will have a dedicated session in which the student winners’ papers will be presented. In addition, a comprehensive student programme will be organized during EuroGeo7 to maximize the exposure of the students to Geosynthetics and the IGS. This includes a recognition ceremony during the conference as well as their participation in corporate receptions, social functions and activities specific to the conference.
General guidelines and dates:
• Candidates: Students who have been an undergraduate, M.Sc. or Ph.D. student during the period 2016 -2019, and who are
• Members of the IGS UK Chapter (The annual fee for membership is £30 for Individual Members and Free for students). Please join or renew your IGS-UK membership – online application forms: https://www.igs-uk.org/join/
• Submission of a maximum 3-pages technical paper for the IGS UK Chapter Student Contest 2020 by 5th January 2020 following the guidelines of the contest.
• Submission of a maximum 300-words document explaining how they feel their attendance at the EuroGeo7 conference will benefit their personal development and the geosynthetics industry.
• The nominee will submit the final paper for EuroGeo7 by 31st January 2020 following the guidelines of EuroGeo7 https://eurogeo7.org/
Guidelines for Technical Paper for IGS UK Student Contest 2020:
• Maximum 3-pages technical paper. Text must be in Times New Roman font, 12 point size, single space and justified.
• Follow the paper preparation guidelines provided in the paper template. Download Template here,
• High-resolution pdf files ensuring legibility of the tables and figures.
• Please ensure that all fonts are embedded in the pdf file – this is very important to ensure legibility of the paper.
• The deadline for submission of the technical paper is 5th January 2020.
• Please send the technical paper to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org